Deschutes Summer Steelhead Three-Day Spey School
Dates: 8/17 through 8/19, 2020 - noon to noon
Maximum of (6) students, double occupancy in tents
Each part of this school features an attentive staff, a big, powerful, roomy jet boat, and the best camp on the river. Mid-August is prime time for Deschutes River steelhead fishing. You will graduate from this school with extensive proprietary knowledge of steelhead fly fishing and Spey rod casting.
We will camp on prime water and will have boat access to many miles of steelhead runs that will present a diverse array of angling opportunities and challenges. Classes will be held mid-day. You will fish with a guide each morning and evening.
Brunch and dinner will be served at times to give you the best fishing periods. This will give you the best advantage for hooking as many steelhead as possible during your stay with us. Nothing teaches you more about fishing than being where fish are being hooked and landed.
You will learn all aspects of Spey rod fishing with both floating and sinking-tip lines. Learn how to locate steelhead water and how to approach it. Watch an expert guide as he fishes and discloses the secrets and proven methods that put fish on the beach. Get a lot of hands-on help (one guide/instructor for four students) so that you too, can be productive. Save yourself years of experimenting on your own.
Some, but not all of the topics covered with on-the-water demonstrations:
- Spey casting basics
- Using a Scandi shooting line
- Using a Skagit head line and various tips
- Fishing waking flies
- Fishing traditional wet flies
- Fishing deep
- The art of pumping up marginal biters
- PowerPoint projected orientation to start the whole program
You will be pampered!
- You will stay in a very comfortable tent camp on the water.
- A camp person will be available at all times to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
- All cooking and eating will be done in a spacious screen house.
- Comfortable sleeping cots and pads are supplied in double occupancy tents.
- Comfortable, clean, secluded toilet facility in camp.
- All dining in a large screen house tent.
- Electric chandeliers in dining tent. Electric lights in each sleeping tent.
- All food and non-alcoholic beverages are included.
Price: $995 per person. Non-Refundable Deposit: $500. Balance Due: $495 by June 1, 2020
Meet at Mack's Canyon Campground at: August 17 noon, leave camp on August 19 noon.
First come, first served.
Do to the logistical nature and the demand on these schools, deposits are transferable to replacement students, but are not refundable.
There is a tab in the shopping cart so that one or both payments can be made at a time.
Please check out: Luxury tent camping is possible!
Bring your own sleeping bag, clothing, toiletries, waders, rain gear, rods, reels, flies and tackle.
Price includes your Deschutes Boater's Pass.
Price does not include your Oregon Fishing License, which may be purchased at our store.