Deschutes Summer Steelhead Spey School
We got all the boater passes we need to fulfill our Deschutes Prime Time Camp 9/14 - 9/20.
This School is half booked (Spaces are extremely limited).
First half: 9/14 – 9/17 - $1,750
Second half: 9/17 – 9/20 - $1,750
All seven days: 9/14 – 9/20 - $3,500 (priority placement & private tent, 1 space only).
Each part of this school features an attentive staff, a big, powerful, roomy jet boat, and the best camp on the river. Mid-September is prime time for Deschutes River steelhead fishing. You will graduate from this school with extensive proprietary knowledge of steelhead fly fishing and Spey rod casting.
We will camp on prime water and will have boat access to miles of steelhead runs that will present a diverse array of angling opportunities and challenges. Classes will be held mid-day. You will fish with a guide each morning and evening.
Brunch and dinner will be served at times to give you the best fishing periods. This will give you the best advantage for hooking as many steelhead as possible during your stay with us. Nothing teaches you more about fishing than being where fish are being hooked and landed.
You will learn all aspects of Spey rod fishing with both floating and sinking-tip lines. Learn how to locate steelhead water and how to approach it. Watch an expert guide as he fishes and discloses the secrets and proven methods that put fish on the beach. Get a lot of hands-on help (one guide/instructor for four students) so that you too, can be productive. Save yourself years of experimenting on your own.
Some, but not all of the topics covered with on-the-water demonstrations:
You will be pampered!
- Using a Scandi shooting line
- Using Rage line
- Using a Skagit head line and various tips
- Fishing waking flies
- Fishing traditional wet flies
- Fishing deep
- The art of pumping up marginal biters
- PowerPoint projected orientation to start the whole program
- You will stay in a very comfortable tent camp on the water.
- A camp person will be available at all times to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
- All cooking and eating will be done in a spacious screen house.
- Comfortable sleeping cots and pads are supplied in double occupancy tents.
- Comfortable, clean, secluded toilet facility in camp.
- All dining in a large screen house tent.
- Electric chandeliers in dining tent. Electric lights in each sleeping tent.
- All food and non-alcoholic beverages are included.
Please check out: Luxury tent camping is possible!
Bring your own sleeping bag, clothing, toiletries, waders, rain gear, rods, reels, flies and tackle.
Price includes your Deschutes Boater's Pass.
Price does not include your Oregon Fishing License, which may be purchased at our store.